There are many companies online that provide reputation management services for all sizes of businesses. With the level of transparency that we encounter online these days it is more vital than ever to take care of your brand reputation.
Listed below you will see 5 tips and 5 tools that are very practical to consider when looking after and cultivating your reputation management. Stick to these and you’ll be off to a fabulous start!
1) Checking your online reputation consistently will help you to defend against unfavorable web content that is out there by including more of the positive content you want to be viewed. The online search engine are going to gravitate toward the content that is much more solid and frequent.
2) Google your business name and find out what turns up. If there are any sites that are unfavorable or that you do not control, try to push them down in the search results with your own profiles on social media web pages as well as with Wikipedia, BBB.org, and other applicable and reputable business websites.
3) Many professionals recommended using Google Chrome’s Incognito mode to search for your business or brand names. Incognito strips out some, although not all, of the tailored search results Google offers to recognized visitors and presents a more generic view that is generally closer to what others could see.
4) Consider the first three web pages of your search results, not simply the first page, because an unfavorable portion of content on page 3 could eventually make its way to page 1. Return to step 1 and increase even more constructive content to push the negative web content down the list.
5) Create a spreadsheet which contains all the search results from the first three pages of your search. Indicate which results are favorable, bad or neutral, in addition to which ones you manage or influence and the ones you do not. This determines a baseline with regard to your online reputation that you may later on use to evaluate your reputation improvement initiatives. Take screen shots of each Google search results page at the start and occasionally redo the activity.
What good are the tips if you don’t have the tools to implement them? Here are some great tools to start managing your online reputation:
CLICK HERE for the complete list of tools to help you with your online reputation management!
There are numerous tips and tools out there to oversee your online reputation that it can become complicated. Certainly there are a number of sites that are complimentary and provide you great platforms to complete it by yourself, however in case this isn’t really something that you like undertaking or want to do then you can easily always contact qualified reputation management companies like JHG Media Group to take care of all of it for you!